Website: Paid to Read Email
Owners: no information
Location: no information
Contact information: via contact form on site only
Rating: 0 out of 5
This review will discuss how and if it’s possible to make money reading emails through a website called Paid To Read Email.
It all started when I was looking at the newsfeed on my phone via Youtube. I saw this video that said you could make money reading emails. Now, I remember hearing about this type of thing years ago but I never actually ran across it. At least not yet. Not since 2008 when I first started exploring work from home opportunities.
So I took a look at the video. It wasn’t long–about 10 minutes, if I recall. The guy doing the video was showing you how to create an account for a particular website but never really discussed how you actually make money reading emails. So, of course, I had to satisfy my curiosity.
How You Get Paid
Payment is made through PayPal only
Who Can Join
People living in the United States, Canada and the UK. As a resident of Ireland, I can’t avail of this offer.
Can You Make Money Reading Emails? Here’s How It Works
- Once you sign up and create an account, you are sent a confirmation email to confirm your account.
- Once your account is confirmed you can start reading emails, taking surveys and earning points that you can cash out. 100 points equals $1.00.
- When you sign up you are given a $3.00 bonus into your account to start you off. There are a few problems with this program.
- You do not get to choose emails from a master list of emails. Instead, emails are sent to the email account that you signed up with.
- Referrals: You can refer your friends and family to get a commission.
- You are only paid $0.01 per email that you read.
- You will only receive a maximum of 3 emails a day so guess how long it will take you to make $15.00 to cash out?
- Free to join
- $3.00 cash bonus upon signing up
- No company information
- No email address
- No phone number
- Not available outside the U.S.
- Pay per click: $0.01
- Maximum emails you receive per day is 3
- Surveys are limited to 1 per day for each type of survey
- You can only cash out after you’ve earned $15.00
- First payment request is held for 15 days
There’s a lot to digest here. This kind of pittance pay is similar to another review I did on Protypers a while back. Again, in that case, you were paid pennies to type captchas. That’s another story. I couldn’t find any company information about this site. The most I could find was a team member listed on their Facebook page that lives in Lithuania.
I also checked their Google+ page and their Twitter account. The Twitter account has no identifying images–no faces, no pictures of any kind. And the last tweet was in February 2015. In Google+ I found lots of people promoting the site but no information about the site itself–no posts from the company.
Getting paid to read emails and take surveys sounds like an easy gig and it is! Because it’s so easy, you don’t get paid well at all. $0.01 to read an email? The thing I keep coming back to is the lack of information on the site–no location, owner, email address, phone number. All are HUGE red flags for me. You may be thinking, ‘hey, this isn’t a big deal.’ But what happens when you manage to earn enough money to cash out and you never receive your money? What recourse will you have besides sending an email? You would be better off checking out Amazon Mechanical Turk.
With all this in mind, I can’t recommend that you join this site. I think you will be very disappointed and you’ll spend tons of time to make nothing. If you have ever tried something like this, I’d love to hear your feedback. Leave a comment below. Thanks!