By now, you’ve diligently done your research and created a great article, right? Now it’s time for the social media aspect of your strategy. This article will give you tips for social media marketing to use each time you publish content on your website.
Google is doing it’s job by crawling your site but if Google sees that your site isn’t really getting any love, i.e., visitors, comments, etc., then your great content gets pushed further down the line. Most people searching for something only look at the first–maybe second–page in their search for information. You need to get your great content in front of them and it will take more than simply publishing articles and hoping people find it.
I am presuming that you already have accounts with these major players: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+. Other possible contenders are Reddit, Quora, StumbleUpon and Tumblr. Keep in mind that you will also have to manage your online presence for all the social media accounts you set up.
Similarly, you can do the same for the other major players. Do a search and join a few groups. It’s also important to note that you should also interact with these groups. Don’t be a voyeur and lurk around. Participate and get to know people. This is a great way to connect with your target audience. Let them get to know you. By making these connections, you will increase visitors to your site. This goes for all your social media marketing.
Strategies for Social Media Marketing
Since basically everyone on the planet has a Facebook account, I am going to presume that you do to. Especially, if you have your own website. You should also have a Facebook business page for your site as part of your social media marketing strategy.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Create a business page for your website if you don’t already have one.
- At the top of the screen, type in the name of your niche, such as paleo cooking. For example, I did a search on paleo diet tips and this is the search result.
- You can see that there are pages, groups, and websites. Join a few groups and see what visitors are talking about.
- Be a part of the discussions and participate where appropriate.
- When you are participating in discussions, post comments using your business page profile. This will extend the reach of your site.
If your website can be enhanced with YouTube videos then set up a Youtube account. You’ll need to have a gmail account first. You can use Screencast-o-matic to record your desktop for free.
- Create a Youtube account
- Add a description using keywords for your niche
- Add the videos to your Youtube channel
- Use keywords to help visitors find your videos
- Visit other Youtube channels in your niche and subscribe to them.
Becoming active in Pinterest is another great way to expand the reach of your website. Pinterest is a different type of animal. In the beginning it was more geared toward cooking, baking, fashion and crafts–that type of thing. Now you can find most everything on Pinterest. You just have to be sure that your audience is hanging out there too. Make sure there are boards in your niche before you start spending a lot of time and effort expanding your social reach.
- Create a Pinterest account